Sunday, September 03, 2017

Sweet Treat Pluerry and Hollywood Plums. 9.3.17Plum

Plums as of 9.3.17
Hollywood is almost overripe, and Sweet Treat are just coming into their prime.  Together, and along with some grapes, they make a great sweet fruit salad desert.

I didn't know what would happen with Sweet Treat.  There isn't much info out there on pollinators.  All I had blooming when Sweet Treat was in bloom, were Hollywood and Crimson Spire plums.  Apparently that was enough.  This is about year #4 for this tree, first substantial crop, a couple dozen plums.

2 comments:

  1. Thank for information. I cut all branches and almost remove my Sweet Treat Pluerry . After read your information I decided to keep it now . Thanks Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vincent, for some reason this tree died last year. It dropped all of its leaves and dried out dead. I think there was a bark disease or animal. I might buy a new one, next year. There are enough plums in my yard, so maybe not.

    ReplyDelete