Wednesday, September 28, 2016

More Pumpkins & Squashes. Persimmons. 9.28.16

Pumpkins and Squashes.  9.28.16
If there's a famine this winter and we have to live on pumpkins and squashes, here we are.  Here are some more that I harvested this week.   The big pumpkin is Golias Pumpkin, and the squash on my knee is a Pink Banana squash.  The flatter pumpkins are Rouge Vif D' Etampes Pumpkins, and the smaller squashes are Butternut and Spaghetti squashes.

Nikita's Gift persimmon is looking great.   Waiting for the rest to ripen.  Beautiful tree and beautiful fruit.

Saijo is not as attractive and doesn't have as many, but it looks like there will be a taste of that persimmon too.

Ripening Saijo Persimmons.  9.28.54

Nikita's Gift Persimmon.  9.28.16




3 comments:

  1. All I can say is "WOW"!! I've never much luck on squash, pumpkins, melons and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your pumpkins is a signal for fall. My fall pumpkin did poorly due to the fog. Yikes, July was the foggiest in recent memory and the yellow pumpkin just melted in mold. Then again I've shark fin melon coming out of my ears. What to do....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now almost all of the squashes and melons are harvested. Some are inside to complete curing, and some are outside sheltered from the rain, for the same purpose. I cooked one spaghetti squash and one pumpkin. The pumpkin went partly into ginger pumpkin soup, and partly into pumpkin pie. The Rouge Vif D' Etampes Pumpkin made the best pumpkin pie that I've made this year, and also a delicious soup.

    ReplyDelete